Wednesday 20 April 2016

The Diving Blog

The name of the blogger of The Diving Blog is David Harmon. The aim of his blog is, as he states,  'to discuss issues faced by scuba divers of all levels, offer tips as I come across them, and educate divers about their undersea world'.

Topics of the blog posts are very varied, ranging from fish identification to product evaluations and tips for divers, even book reviews. There are some really interesting topics in the Misc. section.

Some of the posts are more personal than others, some give useful practical tips on scuba-related things.

What I am missing in this blog is some sort of dating system for the posts. I find it important to know how old an article I am reading is. As it is, I do not know how often the blog is updated or how often the blogger posts, but he certainly has been productive in writing, with more than 170 posts. I would also appreciate a possibility to comment on the articles.

I like the appearance of the blog. Blue on white is simple and appropriate for a diving blog.

Unlike many other scuba blogs out there, this one has an archive where the articles are divided by topic. This is a very helpful thing to have, and makes browsing the site easier.

Well here it is, this week's Scuba Blog Review. Hope you liked it. Stay tuned, I will be posting again soon. As always, it would be great to hear your opinions or suggestions, so do leave a comment below. Dive safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment